We work on behalf of the Area Committee covering the Pickering, Boothferry and Derringham wards to provide excellent and accountable services which help address local priorities and contribute to achieving the City's aspirations by-
- improving resident's quality of life across a range of issues
- supporting members in carrying out their area and community leadership roles
- listening to our communities and involving them in designing the services they want
- supporting the delivery of effective front-line services, that meet the needs of local residents
- help communities to develop a healthy, safe, green and sustainable environment for current and future generations
We have listened to you to find out what you feel are your priorities in your neighbourhood and will work together to improve the things that matter to you. You have told us your current priorities are -
- Roads, Highways and Pavements
- Community Safety - reducing levels of crime and antisocial behaviour
- Parks and Open Spaces - increasing community activities and facilities
- Street Care and Cleaning - improving the environment, making it cleaner and more appealing
- Recycling, Rubbish and Waste Collection and disposal
- Improving Community Involvement and Cohesion
Ward newsletters, plans and annual reports
We produce ward newsletters at various times of the year, the newsletters provide information about what's happening in your area.
Use the form below in order to submit a general enquiry to your local Area Team -
Your local councillors for the West Area
To contact your councillors access the links below.
- 01482 300 300 West Neighbourhood Team
- Email - West.firstname.lastname@example.org
- In writing to - West Neighbourhood Team, Brunswick House, Strand Close, Hull, HU2 9DB
Follow us on
Facebook West area (Hull)
You can also find information about what’s happening in your neighbourhood by checking -
Our aim is to keep local communities aware of what’s happening in the area. We have a number of notice boards throughout Wyke these can be found in the following locations -
- Spring Bank West, outside Andy’s News
- Spring Bank West, Eco Park
- Brooklands Park, Chancery Court
- Anlaby Road (near to the junction of Meadowbank Road)
- Eastfield Primary School
- Arcon Drive and Lindsey Place junction
- Anlaby Park Library
- Ainthorpe Primary School, outside
- Next to the traffic lighted pedestrian crossing on Willerby Road near to the junction with Manor Road
- Outside the shops on Hotham Road South near to Willerby Road
- Wymersley Park outside children’s play area
- Wymersley Park, car park
- Outside the shops on Wold Road at the junction with Hotham Road South (opposite Sainsbury’s shop)
- Outside the shops on Priory Road at the junction with Priory Drive (near to bus stop)
- At entrance to Priory School, Priory Road
- Coronation Road North, outside the Neighbourhood Garden
- Sibelius Road and Anlaby Park Road North junction, near shops
- Pickering Road, near Pickering Park entrance
- St Nicholas Church Corner
- Santolina Way
- Millport Drive
- Anlaby Park Road/Tilbury Road
- Gower Park/Bethune Avenue
- Christopher Pickering School
The ward budgets have been specifically established to enable Area Committees to support local projects for the benefit of their local communities.
We welcome applications for funding from -
- community groups
- council departments
- other organisations that provide benefit to the residents of the local area
Apply for ward budgets -
Complete an application form, available to download below, and return it to your neighbourhood team.
Email - email@example.com
We have a number of community centres which we work with, each operate a number of organised activities and also have rooms available for hire.
If you are interested in enrolling in a new course or want to start a new activity, need a venue for a meeting or event, thinking of volunteering, then visit the centres website and or facebook pages for more details.
- Currently, West do not have any community centres.
What else we can help with
We want to support local communities, if you feel we could help you with a community issue not mentioned on this page, please get in touch.
Gypsy and Traveller - Unauthorised encampments
We carry out assessments of unauthorised encampments by travellers on the public highway, including any areas of carriageway, footpath or verge that is maintained by the council.
If you believe travellers have set up an unauthorised encampment near you please contact us.
We work with our environmental teams to undertake a number of environmental projects working with the community. We look at environmental issues such as fly tipping, graffiti and rubbish removal from the ward.
We help deal with antisocial behaviour within our wards, by working in partnership with our neighbourhood nuisance team and communities policing teams.
Examples of issues we combat are -
- the misuse of a public space
- street drinking (alcohol)
- dropping litter
- criminal activity
- damage to personal property
- rough sleeping
Magistrates or judges can sentence offenders to carry out anything from 40 to 300 hours of unpaid work as part of their sentence within the community. We work with the community payback service on a variety of environmental projects such as litter picking, painting and general clean ups.
Members of the public can nominate projects for Community Payback teams to complete. To find out more or make a nomination please contact us or make a nomination direct to -
Meet your local communities policing teams
You can contact your policing team by following the links below -