Anyone over the age of 16 can order or collect a test.
There are also two mobile testing units, available at locations and times to suit you.
This type of test, known as Lateral Flow or LFT, is for people without symptoms (asymptomatic).
Taking a test helps reduce the spread of the virus in your community -
• if you test positive, you can prevent further transmission
• the test identifies infectious people before they develop symptoms
• testing helps with the management and containment of COVID-19 outbreaks
• testing protects those most vulnerable
Tests are available at Endeavour Learning and Skills Centre, if you would like someone will assist you to take the test.
Please note this is a walk in service and Endeavour is open at the following times -
Monday, Tuesday and Friday morning 9:30am - 12:00noon.
How you will be tested -
- you will take a throat and nose swab sample
- this is then processed with an extraction fluid and a Lateral Flow Device (LFD)
- you will receive your results within 30 minutes by text or email
Understanding your test results
Positive lateral flow result -
- you must isolate immediately.
- you are legally obliged to self-isolate for the next full 10 days
- you must book a Covid-19 test
A positive Lateral Flow Test (LFT) result will trigger the legal duty to self-isolate and will initiate contact tracing.
If you receive a positive LFT result, you will be released from self-isolation and tracing if there is a negative, confirmatory COVID-19 result obtained within two days of the positive LFT result.
If the follow-up Covid-19 test is taken too late, you and the people you live with will need to self-isolate for the full 10 days.
If you need to isolate you can find out information on financial and practical help -
Negative lateral flow result
A negative lateral flow test result does not mean you definitely don't have COVID-19. You must still continue to follow social distancing restrictions and Government guidance.
It is advised that you also continue to have regular lateral flow tests (twice weekly) even if you have been vaccinated.
What happens with your result -
- NHS Test and Trace will contact you if you get a positive test
- if you use the NHS COVID-19 app you should enter your results
- positive results will be included and published as part of the daily case numbers.
Lateral flow testing kit collections
Testing kits are available to anyone 16 and over. These can be collected in person from several locations for families or households with children and young people in education and early years. This includes child care and support bubbles, as well as adults working in the school community.
Testing for businesses
This includes organisations that work in the community.
If you would like to set up your own on site testing, information can be found on the following link below - Please note registration for this option ends on Wednesday 31 March 2021.
If your staff require an assisted test they can book one direct using the on-line booking system detailed above.
Be My Eyes
If you are unable to complete the online application, need support with the completion of test results or the assembly of the lateral flow testing kit, Be My Eyes is a free to use app that enables people with a sight disability to receive live assistance from sighted volunteers.
You can receive help in the form of video/audio phone connection.
You can receive assistance with other tasks such as -
- reading labels in a shop
- IT support
- help with instructions
- the reading of a letter
The app can be downloaded from your smartphone or tablet.