A person is threatened with homelessness if they -
- are likely to become homeless
- have received a valid notice to quit (S21 notice)
- have received a notice that landlord requires possession of accommodation (NOSP) which expires within 56 days
If you are threatened with homelessness and are eligible for help, we can help to prevent your homelessness.
A person could be homeless if they -
- have no home in the UK or elsewhere that they have a legal right to occupy
- have a movable home such as a boat or caravan and there is nowhere it can be placed lawfully
- are at risk from harm if they stay in their current home
If you think you may be homeless or threatened with homelessness we may be able to help you to remain in your home or move to another home. The earlier you contact us the more we will be able to help you.
If you are homeless we will look at whether or not you have local connections in the area such as -
- how long you have lived in the area
- if you are employed in the area
- you have close family in the area
- other special circumstances
We will talk to you about your circumstances. This will help us to understand your situation and any support and help you may need. We will fill in a Personal Housing Support Plan and agree with you what you need to do and also what we need to do to help you. Over the course of your application we will keep you up to date with what we are doing to help you. You will also need to make sure you get in touch with us regularly to let us know what you have done from your Personal Housing Support Plan.
If you need any more help you can fill in our online form or call us on 01482 300 300.