HLC is the lead partner for Springboard and This-Ability, which are part-financed by the European Union through the European Social Fund (ESF) and supported by the National Lottery Community Fund.
What we do
If you are aged between 16 to 29 and are currently unemployed or inactive we can provide support to develop your skills and qualifications to help you progress to employment or further learning.
We offer access to training, qualifications and work experience, as well as voluntary opportunities, to help you present yourself as a perfect candidate for potential employers. We can also provide support to develop your business plan if you are considering self employment.
You can speak to someone about -
- benefits, budgeting and finances
- qualifications and training
- confidence building, anxiety or mental health
- help with travel
- support going to appointments or filling in applications
- pre employment support to get closer to the labour market
To be eligible for this support you must be -
- aged 16 to 29
- a Hull resident
- unemployed or inactive (if you are receiving Jobseeker's Allowance, Employment and Support Allowance, Universal Credit or not claiming a benefit)
What people say about us
- provide a unique service and created a personal learning plan tailored to my requirements
- flexible around your needs
- help you with everything
- don’t judge me, they give me practical advice and support
- supported me with my health and emotional wellbeing
- help me overcome barriers like childcare and bus fares
- provide me with the tools you need to overcome barriers
One participant said ‘I probably want to stay in my comfort zone more often than not. I could say I want to take action all day long. My key worker helped me take that first physical step’.
If you would like any further information about the initiative contact us via –
- email YEI@hullcc.gov.uk
- telephone 01482 612 736