If you have suffered any of the following -
- accidental damage to your property or belongings during delivery of the repairs service
- financial loss as a result of us or our contractor being negligent
and you wish to make a claim for compensation you can make a claim online, in writing or over the telephone.
The following information is required -
- the time and date of the incident
- the location of the incident
- the nature of the work being carried out
- the name of the contractor (if known)
- details of any damage caused and/or any financial loss incurred
- the approximate cost of the damage (if known)
- evidence of the damaged item/s (for example photographs or proof of purchase)
If you make your claim in writing, please address your claim to -
Housing Investment Service
Hull City Council
Kingston Upon Hull
In some cases, it may be necessary for us to carry out an inspection. If this is the case, we will make an appointment with you.
Upon receipt of your claim, we will write to you to acknowledge that we have received it and are carrying out our investigations.
We may need to contact you for further information during our investigations into your claim. We will endeavour to respond to you in writing with the outcome of our investigations within 90 days following receipt of your claim. However, be aware our investigations may take longer depending on the circumstances of your claim.
If you are unhappy with the decision made and you request for your claim to be reviewed, a senior officer will review your claim and provide a response within 30 days. If you are unhappy with this outcome, you will then need to seek independent legal advice, either through your own solicitor or free of charge from the Citizens Advice Bureau.