Subsidence is movement or settlement to a property. It is identified by large cracks in internal and external walls.

If you feel your property has subsidence, contact us on - 01482 300 300.

If KWL or our Project Surveyor identifies possible subsidence during a property inspection, they will ask for a survey to be done. It will be completed by a structural engineer. We will send you a letter to inform you when we have requested a structural engineer visit.

The engineer will visit your home. They will make a full report. They will send it to us to take the appropriate action. This may be to -

  • track any further movement
  • carry out minor repairs and track any movement
  • carry out major repairs

We will send you a letter to let you know what happens next.