Council Tax change of address

Changing your Council Tax address is now done online using your My Council Tax account.

If you live in Hull and are already registered, you can access this service by logging in. If you do not have an account, you need to register before you can access this service.

Access or register for My Council Tax account (opens in a new window)

If you are moving into the Hull area, or this is your first property in Hull, you can register below.

Register for Council Tax (opens in a new window)

Direct debit changes

If you pay your Council Tax to Hull City Council and are moving property, your direct debit will be amended as follows -

  • moving within the Hull boundary. Usually, your direct debit will continue as normal. You will not need to do anything after telling us that you are moving
  • cannot keep direct debit. If we cannot keep your direct debit or your account number the same, you will be sent a new direct debit mandate. It will have your updated Council Tax bill
    • if you move out of the Hull boundary, your direct debit will be cancelled when your account is updated
  • arrears. If you have any arrears on your account, the direct debit will remain. This is until they have been fully paid