Council Tax Recovery

Difficulty paying your Council Tax

If you cannot afford the payments that are shown on your council tax bill, you should contact us. You may be entitled to exemptions, discounts or reductions that would reduce the amount you pay.

If you do not pay your council tax, legal recovery action may be taken to get the money you owe.

Missed instalments

If a payment is not made within 7 days of the instalment date, the council can start recovery proceedings.