Traditionally council homes have had their cavity walls filled and lofts insulated to improve their thermal efficiency. For our non-traditional build council homes, we are installing external wall insulation as funding allows. This will reduce heating costs, help reduce fuel poverty, and improve the living environment of residents.
We have completed most of our Wimpey No-Fines and Spooner properties and are now beginning to address the Calder and Rationalised Traditional council properties. This will support the target to make Hull carbon neutral by 2030.
Repairs not related to these works should be reported in the usual way -
- telephone 01482 300 300
There is insufficient funding to include the RTB private homes as we may have done in the past. We are, however, continuing to monitor government funding for opportunities.
We have almost completed the following works to our Wimpey No-Fines and Spooner construction properties –
- installation of solid wall insulation
- windows and doors
- ventilation – extractor fans in kitchen and bathroom and internal doors
Work will begin on the following streets next summer and the contractor Fortem will give a minimum of 21 days’ notice before works start -
- Annandale Road - July 2024 to October 2024
- Ecclesfield Avenue - August 2024 to November 2024
- Garfield Close - August 2024 to October 2024
- Griffin Road - September 2024 to November 2024
- Stansfield Close - August 2024 to October 2023
- Stonebridge Avenue - September 2024 to November 2024
- Wadebridge Grove - September 2024 to November 2024
Letters that were sent out to residents and neighbouring properties are available in our downloads section.
If you have any concerns whilst the work is being carried you should contact Fortem -
- telephone number 01462 446 220 available from 8am to 5pm
- out of hours 01462 446 259
- email email@example.com
Fortem are still completing works on the Caspon properties in the Stroud Crescent and Roebank areas of Bransholme.