If you are a female victim of domestic violence, you are not alone. In Hull it is estimated that 24,690 women and 18,468 children experience domestic violence each year.
If you are a victim of domestic violence, contact us in confidence at the Domestic Abuse Partnership (DAP) for help online. Or you can call us on 01482 318 759.
If you are calling from the local area the telephone number does not appear on your bill. If you use a mobile phone, the number does show up on your statement and in your dialled numbers list. This is unless you delete it. If we ring you, our number does not show up on your phone.
You can request a callback from a DAP worker by completing the form below -
What happens next
You will be allocated a support worker. They will talk with you in confidence and discuss what to do next. This could include discussing how we can take action to improve your safety and your children's safety, how we can take action against abusers, and find you emergency temporary accommodation if needed.
If you can't visit our offices to meet with your support worker, we can visit you at home if it is safe to do so. Or we can arrange to meet you at a more convenient location. An example of why you might not be able to visit our offices is if you have a physical disability.
The DAP also offer -
- legal advice and support throughout the criminal justice system and in attending the solicitors or court
- housing advice and support. This could include increasing security measures for you if you want to remain in your home. If it becomes too dangerous to remain in your home, there are options available. For example, emergency accommodation
- benefits advice
- referral to specialist support for children and young people
- referral to health, drug, and alcohol services
In an emergency, call 999. The Police take domestic violence seriously and can take action against abusers.
How Pamela got help against domestic violence
Pamela endured 26 years of domestic abuse. Pamela's life changed with the help of the DAP team you can read her story.
- telephone - 01482 318 759
- text phone - 01482 300 349
- email Hull.Dap@hullcc.gov.uk
Remember, in an emergency call 999.