We have established a Climate Change Team with 4 officers. The team provides a strategic lead for the Council and the city in meeting the outcomes of the Hull 2030 Carbon Neutral Strategy.
The climate change service provides strategic advice to our -
to increase their understanding of -
- climate change mitigation and adaptation
- environmental and sustainable development benefits
- opportunities resulting from service/business design
- development and investment for decarbonisation and climate adaptation
We provide this service to -
- reduce negative environment impacts
- reduce emissions of greenhouse gases
- address the significant challenge of climate change
- contribute to improving the lives of
We are responsible for -
- developing and monitoring the 2030 Carbon Neutral Strategy
- managing' Investors in the Environment' our environmental management system
- developing and reporting on our carbon reduction targets
- developing and monitoring the Hull Climate Adaptation Strategy
- undertaking and supporting climate adaptation risk assessments and plans
We provide advice to organisations and businesses in Hull to support them in reducing their environmental impact, greenhouse gas emissions and increasing the resilience of their business to extreme weather events and climate change.
We support the work of the city in transitioning to a low carbon future making sure that the right infrastructure is developed for the city and that residents have the skills and training required for the new and emerging low carbon economy.
To contact the team please email - firstname.lastname@example.org