Humber Field Archaeology was formed in 1996 as a successor to the Humberside Archaeology Unit. Created to act as a professional archaeological consultancy and contracting organisation, offering clients an archaeological service on a commercial basis in the former area of Humberside.
It is now a self financing section of Hull City Council and undertakes work in support of all kinds of proposed developments, grant funded research and community based projects.
HFA operate principally in -
- East Riding of Yorkshire
- Kingston upon Hull
- North Lincolnshire
but is increasingly asked to carry out work in the surrounding counties of -
- North Yorkshire
- South Yorkshire
- West Yorkshire.
Work in these and other areas further field is always considered.
We offer expertise in the following areas -
- project management
- desk based assessments
- environmental impact assessments
- field survey and building recording
- observation, investigation and recording during development
- finds research
- archaeological illustration
- post-excavation analysis and publication
- geophysical survey
- historical audits and research
- environmental research and sampling
- archaeological conservation
- specialist dating
HFA has a dedicated team, some of whom have over 30 years' professional archaeological experience.
Our Pledge -
We will do our best to make sure our clients get the best advice for a cost-effective solution to all their archaeological needs.