Abandoned and untaxed vehicles

Pay your abandoned vehicle penalty charge

We have many convenient ways for you to pay your fixed penalty.

You will need your reference number which is 6 digits. You can find this reference on the bottom of the fixed penalty.

Only make payment of a fixed penalty on this page if this has been issued under section 2A of the Refuse Disposal (Amenity) Act 1978.

You will find this information on the top of the fixed penalty.


Make a secure payment anytime with myPayments. You need -

  • your debit or credit card
  • an email address to be sent a receipt. This is optional
  • your fixed penalty notice reference number

You can only make online payments using a compatible browser.

See the document for the full list of offences and fixed penalty notices.

Pay your abandoned vehicle penalty charge


You can pay by telephone by calling us on 01482 300 300. Do not select option 1, as you will need to speak to an advisor.

Our contact centre staff are available to take payments -

  • Monday to Saturday, 9am to 5pm

You will need -

  • a debit or credit card
  • your fixed penalty notice reference number


Make your cheque or postal order payable to Hull City Council and write the reference number on the back.

Send it to -
Environmental Enforcement Team
Hull City Council
Staveley House
Stockholm Road

Make sure you use the appropriate postal option to ensure that your payment arrives on time.

Debit and credit cards

We accept the following debit and credit cards -

  • Visa
  • Visa Debit
  • Visa Electron
  • Mastercard
  • Maestro

We do not accept American Express.