Nominations to Housing Associations

Registered housing providers are also known as Registered Social Landlords or Housing Associations. They provide affordable homes for people in housing need.

Housing associations sometimes allocate their properties from their own waiting lists. Sometimes they request ‘nominations’ from us. This is when we put names forward from our housing list to be considered for one of their properties.

We can consider nominating you to a housing association. You will need to be registered on our housing list and tell us that you wish to be nominated. You also need to tell us which areas of Hull you would like to live in. We will only nominate you for properties in those areas.

Direct nominations

Some housing associations ask us to send them nominations from our housing list. We send them the details of applicants who have told us they are interested in being nominated in that area.

Advertised nominations

Some housing associations will advertise properties they want nominations for in our HomeSearch adverts. You must bid for them if you wish to be nominated. If you bid for these properties, we will send the housing association your details.

How we prioritise applicants we nominate

Generally, we will nominate people in priority order. They follow the rules in our Lettings Policy. This can also be called our Allocations Policy. This means the higher your housing need, the more likely you are to be nominated.

We have special nominations agreements for certain housing association schemes. These agreements might give priority to people living closer to the property. Or people meeting other criteria might be given priority.

Applying directly to housing associations

If interested in renting a property from a housing association, contact them directly. You can ask about registering on their housing lists as well as requesting to be nominated by us.

Access further details of the housing associations with properties in this area.