Reporting an accident at work
Under RIDDOR the law requires certain work-related -
- dangerous occurrences
to be reported by an employer to the Health and Safety Executive (HSE).
What needs to be reported?
- death or specified injuries to an employee or a self-employed person working on your premises
- death or hospitalisation of a member of the public
- disease suffered by an employee that is related to work activities
- dangerous occurrences that do not result in a reportable injury but which clearly could have done (near misses)
- over 7 day injury (not counting the day on which it happened) to an employee or a self-employed person working on your premises. The report must be made within 15 days of the accident
- gas incidents