Private Housing Financial Assistance

We offer financial support to -

  • private homeowners
  • private sector tenants
  • Housing Association tenants

Customers can apply for a range of grants and loans to adapt or improve their home.  Access the links below for further information -

Find out more on Disabled Facilities Grants.

Access further information on Home Appreciation Loans.

Access further information on Homecheque Loans.

We also offer assistance to our Council tenants, if you are eligible to receive works for aids and adaptations to meet the needs of a disabled person.

You can apply for assistance in installing aids and adaptations to your home if you are a -

  • Hull City Council tenant
  • private homeowner
  • private sector tenant
  • Housing Association tenant

You will require a referral from Occupational Therapist first. After this is completed, the Occupational Therapist will organise a visit and then forward any recommendations to us to action. Access the below links to start your referral.

Access Children's services

We can be contacted -

By post

HS-Private Housing Section
Hull City Council
PO Box 15

Telephone - 01482  300 300