Local Offer - Finances

We will try to help you financially -

  • providing a leaving care grant to help you buy essential things when moving into your own home. The government recommends this should be a minimum of £2.000
  • giving you exemptions to or discounts on paying Council Tax
  • information on how to access your Junior ISA or Child Trust Fund
  • support to open a bank account
  • support to gain important identification documents, such as passport or provisional driving licence, before your 18 birthday
  • support to get your national insurance number
  • exceptional financial support emergencies
  • providing a financial gift at birthdays and Christmas or other celebrations