If you have found a dog or seen a dog roaming, you can report it to us
Monday – Friday (excluding bank holidays)
- 8am - 4.30pm
- 6pm-10pm (contained dogs only)
Call us on 01482 300 300
Saturdays, Sundays and bank holidays
Call us on 01482 300 300 if the dog is detained. The dog will be collected by the dog warden between 6pm and 10pm.
If the dog is contained and you are unable to hold onto the dog until the dog warden can collect, please contact Carr House kennels on 01482 701738.
If you find a stray dog outside of these hours
- make sure that the dog is kept in a secure area and cannot escape
- contact the animal warden at the first available time
To report a dangerous dog during normal office hours (Monday to Friday, 8am to 5pm), please contact either the police on 101 or our dog warden service on 01482 300 300. Outside of office hours please only contact the police on 101. We do not offer an out of hours service relating to dangerous dogs.
On receipt of your request
- an officer will contact you to offer advice/ arrange collection
- the dog will be checked for a microchip / identification and wherever possible, will be returned to the owner
- dog’s whose owners cannot be identified, will be kenneled for seven days to allow an owner to reclaim their dog. After this time, the dog will be available for re homing
If you are interested in re homing a stray dog, contact Carr House Rescue Centre on 01482 701 738
If your dog is picked up by our dog wardens and cannot be returned to you immediately (for example if it has no form of identification such as a microchip or collar tag) the cost is -
|First Offence||£40 plus £6 /day kennel fee plus other (charge reduced to fixed fee of £40 if dog collected within 24 hours.|
|Second Offence||£61 plus £6 / day kennel fee plus other|
These fees must be paid before your dog can be returned.