To use a van or large trailer to dispose of domestic waste at a household recycling and waste centre in Hull you need a permit.
Permits are free but are restricted to 12 permits per household, per year.
Permits will only be issues to Hull residents.
A permit is required for all commercial vehicles including -
- vans (less than 3.5 tonnes)
- trailers (greater than 6 foot by 4 foot in size or with more than a single axle)
Am I eligible for a permit?
- If you can answer YES to the following questions you may be eligible for a permit under the scheme -
- do you live in the city and pay your council tax to Hull City Council?
- will you be bringing your own domestic waste from your household that you live in?
- do you know the registration of the vehicle you will be using?
- are you the only person that has applied for permits for this vehicle?
- are you willing to have an inspector visit your household, if needed, to verify the waste you intend to deposit?
What happens next
You receive your permits in the post within five working days.
You can use a hire van to access the household recycling waste centres but must sign a declaration form on site upon arrival. You are allowed a maximum of three trips using the vehicle.
You are required to bring -
- the hire agreement (showing a Hull address)
- the resident's pass or alternative proof of address (in the form of a driving licence or utility bill)
Residents' pass scheme
All residents of Hull wishing to recycle or dispose of household waste may use our centres. However, business, trade or commercial users may not use it.
Residents from the East Riding
- if you live in the East Riding of Yorkshire Council area, please telephone 01482 393939 for further information