It costs the council in excess of £250,000 per year just to clear away fly tipping and spending to keep areas clean is growing due to excess litter and rubbish left in areas.
With this in mind to help us make a positive change in an area we want to work together with local people to show our streets some love and encourage everyone to sign up to the Love Your Street Pledge.
The Love Your Street Pledge
I will -
- recycle my rubbish
- put litter in litter bins or take it home
- dispose of any cigarette ends in bins
- contact the council to get rid of any large, bulky items
- use the household waste recycling sites to dispose of my household rubbish
- not place any rubbish within passageways
- only leave my wheelie bin out during bin collection days
- report any fly-tipping
If you’d like to organise a community clear-up event where you live, the Love Your Street team can loan -
- adult and child sized litter pickers
- hi-viz vests
- graffiti removal kits
- chewing gum removal kits
- litter collection sacks
They can also collect litter at the end of the event.
Please complete the form below if you wish to request litter picking equipment.
or alternatively contact us via social media on Facebook @LoveYourStreetHull or Twitter at @LoveYourStHull
We also encourage residents to take part in wider campaigns such as the Great British Spring Clean and continue this good work throughout the year, continuing with regular events to collect litter from local areas.
In your community
Working with our valued partners we support community groups to undertake litter pick events in Hull, here we are with Groundworks Hull, Absolutely Cultured Volunteers and members of the Lithuanian Community.