Apply for a food export certificate

If you have a food business in Hull and want to export food outside the European Union, it is likely you will need an export certificate. 

How to apply

Contact the embassy or consulate of the country you want to export to. They will provide you with the exact requirements needed to export into that country.

Foreign embassies and consulate contact details in the UK

Once you have followed their guidance please contact us with the following

  • business name and address 
  • contact details (telephone number and email address)
  • manufacturer
  • consignment details
  • quantity
  • date manufactured
  • batch number
  • dispatch date
  • country of origin
  • country you are exporting to
  • means of transport (air/road or shipping container)

We will inspect the food products and issue a certificate where necessary.

If you are exporting products of animal origin you may need an export certificate signed by a vet.

For more information visit the animals and animal products international trade regulations advice page


Each certificate is £120 + VAT