Caterers can contribute to their customer’s diet and overall health by providing a healthier food option; in return they will receive public recognition for gaining the award, potentially giving them a competitive edge as the demand for healthier options continues to grow.
The Award aims to
- encourage food businesses to provide healthier options to customers, through the use of healthier catering practices
- increase peoples intake of fruit, vegetables and carbohydrates like potatoes and whole grains
- decreasing fat, (especially saturated fat), sugar and salt.
- recognise the provision of healthy options for both children and adults
Who is eligible?
Almost all catering premises serving food to the public can apply for the award including -
Qualifying for the award
There following two criteria must be met for you to gain the award -
- you must have a 4 or 5 Food Hygiene Rating Scheme score
- provide healthier food choices. For example lowering fat, salt and sugar whilst increasing fruit, vegetables and wholemeal alternatives
Those who gain the award will -
- receive an award to display to their customers
- have permission to use the Healthier Options Award logo
- receive free publicity in Hull City Council and in other relevant publications
- cater for new and existing customers who want to choose healthier food options
Applying for the award
Complete the below form to apply for the Healthier Options Award and someone will contact you with further information. We will also provide guidance on changes that can be made to help your business achieve the award.