We have several convenient ways for you to pay your business rates.
By default, payments are due on the 15th of each month and are split over 10 payments commencing on 15 April each year.
If you are having difficulty paying your bill please contact the Business Rates office on 01482 300 301 or email email@example.com.
We can set up regular payments from your bank or building society account on your behalf.
To set up a direct debit payment schedule customers should complete and return the direct debit mandate.
Customers can choose the following payment options -
- 10 or 12 monthly instalments
- on the 1st or 15th day of each calendar month
You can access the direct debit mandate below
Customers can make secure payments at any time with myPayments. The following is needed -
- debit or credit card (we do not accept American Express cards)
- an email address to be sent a receipt (optional)
- your reference number. This is 8 digits long and starts with the number 6. You can find this reference in the top right corner of your business rates bill
You can only make online payments using a compatible browser.
You can transfer a one off payment or set up regular payments from your bank or building society through online banking, telephone banking or in person.
Our bank details are -
- sort code: 62-21-04
- account number: 00000000 (eight zeros)
You need to quote -
- 0000 220 000 followed by your 8 digit reference number (this starts with a 6)
If you are paying more than one account in one transaction, you must send a remittance advising us of the amount(s) and account number(s), so that we can allocate your payment correctly.
This should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can pay any time by automated telephone payment on 01482 300 300 (select option 1).
Our contact centre staff are also available to take payments -
- monday to friday 8am - 7pm
- saturday 9am - 1pm
You will need -
- your reference number, which is 8 digits long, starts with a 6 and can be found in the top right hand corner of your business rates bill.
- a debit or credit card (we do not accept American Express cards)
You can pay by debit or credit card at any of our customer service centres. Some also take cash or cheque.
- Bransholme Customer Service Centre, within Bransholme Health Centre, Goodhart Road, Hull, HU7 4DW
- The Orchard Centre, 210 Orchard Park Road, Hull, HU6 9BX
- The Wilson Centre, Alfred Gelder Street, Hull, HU1 2AG
If you have a swipecard, you can pay your business rates at any -
- UK post office with case or a cheque
- supermarket or shop that displays the PayPoint logo, with cash
Make your cheque or postal order payable to - Kingston upon Hull City Council - and write your Business Rates reference number on the back. Send it to -
Hull City Council
PO Box 15
Checking payments and balances
If you would like to check whether a payment has been received or your outstanding business rates balance, this can be done by submitting the Business Rates General Enquiry form.