THIS ONLINE PROCESS IS CURRENTLY UNAVAILABLE - SORRY FOR ANY INCONVIENENCE
Renewal of Hackney Carriage and Private Hire Licences due to expire on 31 October 2020
The following licences need to be renewed as soon as possible using our online form below if they are due to expire on 31 October 2020 -
- Private Hire or Hackney Carriage Driver Licence
- Private Hire or Hackney Carriage Vehicle Licence
- Private Hire Operator Licence
It is recommended that you apply before 18 October 2020 to ensure your new licence is in place before your current licence expires. Applications must be made by midnight on 31 October 2020 .
If you haven't received your new licence before your current licence expires you will not be able to work. It is an offence to work using an expired licence.
You can apply for multiple licences using the same online form. You only need to apply to renew licences that are due to expire on 31 October 2020.
Fees and charges
Before you start
Limited Companies and Partnerships
In the case of a limited company, a director of that company must make the application. In the case of a Partnership, a partner of the partnership must make the application.
Please note driver licences can only be issued to an individual, so if you are applying as a director or partner, you will need to make a separate application for your driver licence.
Vehicle Licence Holders
If you have recently purchased a licensed vehicle from another owner, please ensure that you have completed a Transfer of Vehicle Ownership form prior to applying to renew the vehicle licence.
To complete the application you must have a valid email address. This email will be used to contact you about your application. If you do not have a valid email address you can obtain a free one from a number of email providers -
Private hire or Hackney Carriage Driver licence
If you are applying for a Private Hire or Hackney Carriage Driver licence you will need -
- a DVLA check code, you can create this code on the DVLA website
- you can authorise the Licensing Authority to access your Driving Licence record for you, if you choose this option you will also need to provide your National Insurance number
- your driving licence number
- optionally you can also upload a new passport style photo to be used on your new driver badge
Keeping you informed
We will update you/request additional information by either -
- text message
Ensure you check your email regularly including your junk/spam folder.