We support and work with many different forums including -
- LGBT forum
- disability focus group
- learning disability partnership panel (housing)
- learning disability partnership board
- young people's parliament
- Hull Access Improvement Group (HAIG)
- Hull and East Riding Interfaith (HERI)
- multi-agency refugee meetings
These forums help us to get our policies right and shape services to meet the needs of all our customers.
We also have many different housing panels and focus groups within the council that represent many of the protected characteristics. Although these groups were established within our housing service, their work crosscuts into other service areas of the council. They help identify barriers, challenges, provide solutions and shape the services of the council ensuring that it meets the needs of all our customers.
We also have an employee network programme provided by the Housing Diversity Network. This is a mentoring programme for staff from the different protected characteristics within our housing service. The programme is successful through its approach in which senior managers from external organisations with a comprehensive knowledge of equalities mentor staff from within our organisation. The programme is also reflective in which our senior managers mentor staff from external organisations helping their staff with -
- promoting equality and diversity at work
- providing support to each other
- helping to remove barriers both in the workplace and in the services that we deliver
For more information email us at firstname.lastname@example.org