we are committed treating people fairly, with dignity and respect. Everyone who lives or works in or visits the city, regardless their gender, ethnicity, sexuality, disability age or faith should experience high quality service and customer care from us.
We are committed to -
- provide good quality services that people need
- actively seeking to develop worthwhile and sustainable partnerships at the local, national and international level
- developing full potential of the city and its people by being outward looking, enhancing image, celebrating its achievements and building on the pride people have in their communities.
- promoting social inclusion and effecting an urban renaissance.
- rejuvenating the city's economy and environment.
- supporting individuals and communities to create safe and healthy environment in which they can flourish.
- learning from other and seeking best practice(for example responding effectively to the challenges posed by the Corporate Governance Inspection)
- communicating openly and honestly
- putting people and communities at the heart of everything we do
- ensuring people are treated equally and difference is valued
- valuing and investing in people as the City Council's key resource
- encouraging local democracy and public accountability
- being responsive to changing aspirations, priorities and opportunities
- striving for excellent concentrating on outcomes, not process
- contributing to and taking and interest on all new initiative within the city