We have several convenient ways for you to pay your Council Tax.
You will need your reference number which is eight digits and starts with a four. It can be found on the bill you are paying, on council tax letters and on council tax payment cards (swipe cards).
Make a secure payment anytime with myPayments. You will need -
- your council tax reference number
- your debit or credit card
- an email address to be sent a receipt (optional)
Setting up a direct debit online is a quick, easy and secure way to pay your council tax. You will need your council tax account number together with your bank account details, and can choose to pay-
- by 10 monthly instalments (April to January)
- by 12 monthly instalments (April to March)
- on the first, seventh, 14, 21 or 28 day of each month
You will need to be registered on myAccount to use this on-line service. If you have not registered for myAccount, you can register online using the blue button below.
If you have already registered for a myAccount, you can login to complete a direct debit mandate or update your Direct Debit details online, using the blue button below.
Debit and credit cards
We accept the following debit and credit cards -
- Visa Debit
- Visa Electron
We do not accept American Express.
Transfers or standing orders
You can transfer a one off payment or set up regular payments from your bank or building society through online banking, telephone banking or in person.
Our bank details are -
- Sort code: 62-24-11
- Account number: 00000000 (eight zeros)
You need to quote -
- 0000 510 000 followed by your eight digit reference number (this starts with a 4)
You can pay anytime by automated telephone payment on 01482 300 300 (select option 1). Our Contact Centre staff are available to take payments -
Monday to Friday, 8am - 7pm
Saturdays, 9am - 1pm
You'll need -
- your Council Tax reference number
- a debit or credit card
You can pay by debit or credit card at any of our Information Points. Some also take cash or cheque.
If you have a swipecard, you can pay your Council Tax at any -
- UK post office with cash or a cheque
- supermarket or shop that displays the PayPoint logo with cash