Report a dangerous building or structure

We are responsible for investigating reports of dangerous buildings and structures which could endanger the public. This also includes garden walls, fences or hoardings.

If you find a dangerous building or structure within the city boundary you can report it to us.

You can telephone 01482 300 300 to report a dangerous building or structure. Please give details of the -

  • type of structural defect
  • exact location of defect

We will visiting the location within 24 hours. If deemed dangerous we can request the owner of the building makes it safe. For urgent issues the council can exercise its powers under section 77 and 78 of the Building Act 1984.

You can contact us via - 

Highways Structures and Waterways
Hull City Council
Festival House
93 Jameson Street

Telephone - 01482 300 300
Email -