Humber Field Archaeology was formed in 1996 as a successor to the Humberside Archaeology Unit (established 1975), to act as a professional archaeological consultancy and contracting organisation offering clients an integrated archaeological service on a commercial basis in the former area of the County of Humberside.
It is now a self financing section of Hull City Council and undertakes work in support of all kinds of proposed developments, grant funded research and community based projects.
HFA operate principally in the East Riding of Yorkshire, Kingston upon Hull and North Lincolnshire, but is increasingly asked to carry out work in the surrounding counties of Lincolnshire, and North, South and West Yorkshire. Work in these and other areas further field is always considered.
We offer expertise in the following areas -
- project management
- desk based assessments
- environmental impact assessments
- field survey and building recording
- observation, investigation and recording during development
- finds research
- archaeological illustration
- post-excavation analysis and publication
- geophysical survey
- historical audits and research
- environmental research and sampling
- archaeological conservation
- specialist dating
HFA has a dedicated permanent core team, several of whom have over 30 years' professional archaeological experience.
Our Pledge -
We will do our best to make sure our clients get the best advice for a cost-effective solution to all their archaeological needs.