You can report individuals or businesses who drop litter in Hull.
What happens next
We respond within five working days and update you on the progress taken by us, if you have been able to -
- identify the person responsible for littering
- are willing to provide a witness statement
We investigate reports against those responsible for the littering and take action against them if enough evidence is available to prove an offence has taken place.
It is an offence under the Environmental Protection Act 1990 for any person who throws down, drops or otherwise deposits and leave litter on any land such as public land, open spaces, highways and any private land to which the public have access with or without charge.
If you're seen dropping litter in Hull this may result in-
- £100 fixed penalty
- prosecution and a maximum penalty of £2,500
How to pay a fixed penalty
- dont drop litter
- always use a street litter bin to dispose of your litter
- if you can't find a street litter bin, take your litter home with you
- don't overfill your wheelie bins
- report street litter problems to us
- report damaged, missing or overflowing street litter bins to us by calling 01482 300 300