You can report individuals or businesses who drop litter in Hull using the online form below.
You cannot use this for to request for the -
- removal of litter
- installation of street litter bins
- repair/replacement of existing street litter bins
- placement of stickers, signs or stencils
We respond within five working days and update you on the progress taken by us, if you have been able to -
- identify the person responsible for littering
- are willing to provide a witness statement
We investigate reports against those responsible for the littering and take action against them if enough evidence is available to prove an offence has taken place.
If we receive evidence involving a littering offence from any vehicle, the registered keeper of the vehicle will be contacted in writing.
The registered keeper will be notified of the offence and will be provided with the option of -
- paying the fixed penalty, or
- if they were not the person responsible for the littering offence, to complete and return a 'driver keeper statement' to us, which confirms the details of the person responsible
It is an offence under the Environmental Protection Act 1990 for any person who throws down, drops or otherwise deposits and leave litter on any land such as public land, open spaces, highways and any private land to which the public have access with or without charge.
If you're seen dropping litter in Hull this may result in-
- £100 fixed penalty
- prosecution and a maximum penalty of £2,500
Paying a fixed penalty
- dont drop litter
- always use a street litter bin to dispose of your litter
- if you can't find a street litter bin, take your litter home with you
- don't overfill your wheelie bins
- report street litter problems to us
- report damaged, missing or overflowing street litter bins