If you witness littering from a vehicle you can report this to us by calling 01482 300 300
What we will need from you
- what was littered
- when and where it took place
- details of who littered from the vehicle for example driver, front passenger, rear offside or nearside passenger
- whether you are aware who did it - for example name and address of the person responsible
- description of the vehicle involved
- vehicle registration
- description of the person who littered (if available)
- any other information you have to help us identify the person responsible
If you have a dash cam or mobile footage of the incident taking place, please ensure you keep this safe as this may be required for any enforcement action we take.
Littering from a vehicle is against the law.
Under the Littering from Vehicles Outside London (Keepers: Civil Penalties) Regulations 2018, a civil fixed penalty can be issued against the owner/registered keeper of the vehicle involved.
The new civil penalty came into force in 2017 following a public consultation as part of England's first ever Litter Strategy.
If you litter from a vehicle a civil penalty of £100 will be issued by us. If this is not paid within 28 days, by law it increases to £200.
If this increased amount is not paid within a further 28 days, this will be referred to the courts and recovered as a civil debt.
How to pay a fixed penalty