The Goodwin Doula project
The Goodwin Doula project supports vulnerable or isolated women who would benefit from the extra support of a volunteer doula in their -
- postnatal period
We can support with -
- antenatal and postnatal appointments
- be a birth partner
- help with emotional and practical aspects of adjusting to being a new parent
Breastfeeding Peer Support Service
The Breastfeeding Peer Support Service supports all women who want to breastfeed. The support is for as long as you need and includes -
- providing information in the antenatal period
- helping soon after birth in hospital
- providing home visits
- community groups
- helpline in the postnatal period
You can refer yourself to either project by talking to your -
- health visitor
- email email@example.com
- telephone the office on 01482 497 811
- telephone the breastfeeding helpline on 07980 731 013 between 8am and 10pm
If you would like to find out how to become a volunteer doula or 'birthing partner' for vulnerable women across Hull. This service is provided by Goodwin development trust.
Breastfeeding friendly premises in Hull
One of the many benefits of breastfeeding is that it is very convenient and can be done any place and anytime.
Hull City Council produces a list of breastfeeding friendly premises in Hull, which can be found below.
The aim of the breastfeeding friendly premises is to provide practical information for breastfeeding mothers as to where you can feel welcome and at ease breastfeeding your baby while out and about. All of these premises welcome breastfeeding mothers and some provide additional facilities such as baby changing.