Apply for a Council garage
Council garages are available to rent in the city. However, depending on demand and availability there may be a waiting list.
To apply for a council garage you will need to complete the form below. The forms are available in the Customer Service Centre's and Information Points or you can print off the form below.
The completed form will be sent to the housing office that is responsible for managing the garage for which you have applied for. Garage applications are placed on a computerised waiting list and garages are allocated according to priority, in date order.
To apply for a council garage you must have a clear council house rent account.
Council tenants will always be given preference over non council tenants.
Rent charge for a garage
- £7.50 per week if you are a council tenant
- £9.00 per week if you are a non council tenant, this includes a VAT charge
If you are disabled and hold a blue badge you will be given a priority for a council garage.
Customers who wish to hand in their garage keys will have to complete a termination form giving one weeks notice.
Complete the below form to submit a query regarding your council garage.
If you have a query relating to any of the below please complete the general enquiry housing form to and your housing office will look into this matter and contact you to discuss your query.
- giving notice
- rent owing
- general query
Does anyone get a garage renting preference?
Order of priority for garages -
- council applicant disabled
- council applicant requesting first garage
- council applicant requesting subsequent garages
- private applicant disabled
- private applicant requesting first garage
- private applicant requesting subsequent garages