Our strategy includes investment in new homes, improvements to existing homes and neighbourhoods and sets our priorities for the next three years.
A key part of our strategy is supporting the delivery of new and improved housing. We work to prevent people becoming homeless and provide support and advice to meet individual needs.
We continue to make the most of new funding opportunities and innovations working with our partners. We are committed to consulting and working with local communities, finding ways to meet their ambitions.
For more information on our Housing Strategy -
Hull tenancy strategy
Sets out what registered providers of social housing in Hull should consider when they grant -
- different kind of tenancies
- tenancies for a fixed term, the lengths of the term
- a further tenancy when an existing tenancy is coming to an end
For more information on our tenancy strategy -
The tenancy policy explains the tenancies granted by us.
For more information on our tenancy policy -
Private sector housing enforcement policy
Explains how we use our legal powers to deal with poor housing which affects our health, safety, comfort and convenience. It also covers statutory nuisance from properties. In developing this policy we have to consider the regulators’ compliance code, which requires a risk based approach and proportionality to regulatory enforcement.
Private housing renewal policy
The document below is currently under review.
Gives information on -
- grants, loans and advice that are available to improve privately owned homes
- sets fuel poverty targets
- describes assistance for area regeneration
- describes how we adapt properties if you need assistance such as slopes, grab rails
- describes how we work to bring empty properties back into use
- gives home maintenance advice
Preventing homelessness strategy
Set outs key actions to improve homelessness prevention, including developing a local response to the Homelessness Reduction Act (HRA). A project team is overseeing progress up to April 2018 when the first of the HRA compliance duties come into force.
For more information on our Preventing homelessness strategy