You can appeal your penalty charge notice within 28 days of issue if you feel your parking charge notice -
- has been issued incorrectly
- you did not own the vehicle at the time
If you pay the penalty charge notice, the case will be closed and any challenge against the notice will not be considered.
How to pay
Before you start your appeal
To access your case you need your -
- penalty charge number (KH followed by eight numbers)
- vehicle registration number
To appeal you can include -
- any information you think helps your case
- up to three photographs or document
Examples of when an appeal may be considered -
- if you have placed your pay and display ticket upside down
- if you made a valid payment using MiPermit
- if you have a valid disabled badge
- medical emergencies
All appeals must be submitted along with proof of the mitigating circumstances. Each appeal is considered on it is own merits and other cases have no bearing on your case.
If you are unable to challenge your penalty charge notice online
If you have lost your KH number and wish to appeal in writing you can do so by writing to the following address -
PO BOX 474
You must include -
- date the Penalty Charge Notice was issued
- where the Penalty Charge Notice was issued
- make of your vehicle
- model of your vehicle
- colour of the vehicle
What happens next
If your appeal is rejected you can pay the charge. If you made your appeal during the discounted period, you have 14 days to pay your penalty charge at the discounted rate.
Failure to pay
|Fee stage||Action||Lower penalty charge fixed fees (accumulated)||Higher penalty charge fixed fees (accumulated)|
|Up to 14 days||You can appeal or pay the fine at the reduced rate||£25||£35|
|14 - 28 days||You can appeal or pay at the full rate||£50||£70|
|28 days||A notice to owner is sent to the vehicle owner and they have 28 days to pay or appeal||£50||£70|
If your case is with a Bailiff please contact them direct or alternatively contact the Traffic Enforcement Centre on 0300 123 1059 or 01604 619 450 and quote your Penalty Charge Notice (PCN) reference number.
If your query relates to payments made today please contact The Cash and Banking Department on 01482 300 300 and quote your PCN reference number.