Before you start
To access your case you need your -
- penalty charge number (KH followed by eight numbers)
- vehicle registration number
To appeal you can include -
- any information you think helps your case
- up to three photographs or document
Examples of when an appeal may be considered -
- if you have placed your pay and display ticket upside down
- if you made a valid payment using MiPermit
- if you have a valid disabled badge
- medical emergencies
All appeals must be submitted along with proof of the mitigating circumstances. Each appeal is considered on its own merits and other cases have no bearing on your case.
You can appeal your parking penalty charge notice within 28 days of issue if you think it has been issued incorrectly.
If you pay the penalty charge notice, the case is closed and any challenge against the notice will not be considered.
How to pay
What happens next
If your appeal is rejected you can pay the charge. If you made your appeal during the discounted period, you have 14 days to pay your penalty charge at the discounted rate.
Failure to pay
|Fee stage||Action||Lower penalty charge fixed fees (accumulated)||Higher penalty charge fixed fees (accumulated)|
|Up to 14 days||You can appeal or pay the fine at the reduced rate||£25||£35|
|14 - 28 days||You can appeal or pay at the full rate||£50||£70|
|28 days||A notice to owner is sent to the vehicle owner and they have 28 days to pay or appeal||£50||£70|