Challenge your parking penalty

You can appeal your penalty charge notice within 28 days of issue if you feel your parking charge notice -

  • has been issued incorrectly 
  • you did not own the vehicle at the time

If you pay the penalty charge notice, the case will be closed and any challenge against the notice will not be considered.

How to pay 

Pay your penalty charge notice 

Before you start your appeal

To access your case you need your - 

  • penalty charge number (KH followed by eight numbers)
  • vehicle registration number

To appeal you can include -

  • any information you think helps your case
  • up to three photographs or document

Examples of when an appeal may be considered -

  • if you have placed your pay and display ticket upside down
  • if you made a valid payment using MiPermit
  • if you have a valid disabled badge
  • medical emergencies

All appeals must be submitted along with proof of the mitigating circumstances.  Each appeal is considered on it is own merits and other cases have no bearing on your case.

If you are unable to challenge your penalty charge notice online

If you have lost your KH number and wish to appeal in writing you can do so by writing to the following address - 

CPE Hull
PO BOX 474

You must include - 

  • date the Penalty Charge Notice was issued
  • where the Penalty Charge Notice was issued
  • make of your vehicle
  • model of your vehicle
  • colour of the vehicle

What happens next 

If your appeal is rejected you can pay the charge. If you made your appeal during the discounted period, you have 14 days to pay your penalty charge at the discounted rate.

Failure to pay

Fee stage  Action Lower penalty charge fixed fees (accumulated) Higher penalty charge fixed fees (accumulated) 
Up to 14 days  You can appeal or pay the fine at the reduced rate  £25 £35
14 - 28 days  You can appeal or pay at the full rate £50 £70
28 days  A notice to owner is sent to the vehicle owner and they have 28 days to pay or appeal £50 £70

Access here to appeal when a notice to owner is received

If your case is with a Bailiff please contact them direct or alternatively contact the Traffic Enforcement Centre on  0300 123 1059 or 01604 619 450 and quote your Penalty Charge Notice (PCN) reference number.

If your query relates to payments made today please contact The Cash and Banking Department on 01482 300 300 and quote your PCN reference number.