Parking exemption permits

If you have a commercial vehicle and need to carry out maintenance or improvement work to roads and properties within the city you can apply for a parking exemption permit (PEP).

To be issued with a PEP your vehicle cannot cause disruption and must be -

  • used to carry out essential work that requires the use of a commercial vehicle
  • applied for in advance by any interested party providing the vehicle registration number is known and payment is made
  • displayed clearly carrying your vehicle's specific registration number 

There are three types of permits available.

Type of PEP

Parking restrictions 


Red city centre 

Park free of charge within a parking place or on double yellow lines 

£17 per day
Green outside city centre  Park within a parking place indefinitely and also on double or single yellow lines  £17 a week or £55 a month
Amber outside city centre  Park within a parking place indefinitely but does not allow parking on double or single yellow lines £6 a week or £11 a month



What happens next

Please print this form off and take to your chosen library.  Please check the below library opening times and also the streets that exemptions are permitted before attending the library

Payment for the permit is taken at the library.

Payment can be made using cash, debit/credit card or alternatively a cheque or postal order made payable to “Hull City Council" for the permit cost.

Find your nearest library

Your individual PEP details the full rules that apply.

Parking areas 

We are unable to provide PEPs for some streets that are too narrow to allow vehicles to park without causing an obstruction.



You may have previously been granted a PEP for one of these streets however these are no longer permitted.

If you want to enquire about parking on one of these streets contact us by emailing

Alternatively, you can telephone 01482 614 862.