To apply for permission to close a road or footpath to prevent vehicles or pedestrians using it complete the form below.
Email your completed application form to firstname.lastname@example.org
You must -
- include a plan showing the location of the closure
- include a plan showing diversion routes and signs you intend to use
- return your completed form (and plans) to our traffic management team
- allow at least five weeks notice before the required closure for us to process your application
- if the road is not suitable or the closure is rejected then we usually get back in touch with the applicant within a couple of days
Please note that -
- permission to close a road or footpath is only be given if keeping it open causes considerable risk to those using it
- permission is valid for the duration of road closure you applied for
- contact our traffic management team for further advice
The cost is £1200 plus VAT for a closure of public highway.