Only the items listed below go in the outdoor food waste caddy -
- meat, fish and bones
- plate scrapings/leftovers
- fruit and vegetable peelings
- tea bags and coffee grounds
- egg shells
- stale bread
- cut and dry flowers
- house plants
- straw bedding for rabbits, hamsters and guinea pigs (not cat litter or dog waste)
If it’s not on the list, check if it goes in the blue or black bin.
- the outdoor food caddy is emptied every week
- we will try and empty your outdoor food caddy on the same day as your black and blue bin
- we empty the outdoor food caddy between 7 am and 4.30 pm.
- the outdoor food caddy needs to be at the boundary of your property no later than 7am
- make sure the outdoor food caddy lid is fully closed
- return your outdoor food caddy to your property as soon as you can after it has been emptied
- if your outdoor food caddy is missed, please contact us within 48 hours of your collection day
- no side waste with the outdoor food caddy.
Ordering caddy liners
Only use Council provided liners in your kitchen caddy.
- Due to current COVID-19 restrictions, customers are unable to collect liners from any Customer Service Centre or Library.
- If you need more kitchen caddy liners use the tag at the end of the caddy liner roll and tie it to their brown bin.
- Customers may also request some from their local Household Waste Recycling Centre. However, these are on a first come, first served basis, as they have a limited supply.
Request a new caddy
We do not supply additional food waste caddies, it is one caddy per property.
Use the online form below to request a -
- replacement caddy
- kitchen caddy
- removal of a caddy
Your kitchen caddy comes with compostable liner bags which you can use to collect food waste in before putting it in your food waste caddy.
It is taken to a local in-vessel composting site, where it is made into compost and soil improver for agricultural, horticulture and home use.