Only the items listed below go in the outdoor food waste caddy -
- meat, fish and bones
- plate scrapings/leftovers
- fruit and vegetable peelings
- tea bags and coffee grounds
- egg shells
- stale bread
- cut and dry flowers
- house plants
- straw bedding for rabbits, hamsters and guinea pigs (not cat litter or dog waste)
If it’s not on the list, check if it goes in the blue or black bin.
- the outdoor food caddy is emptied every week
- we will try and empty your outdoor food caddy on the same day as your black and blue bin
- we empty the outdoor food caddy between 7 am and 4.30 pm.
- the outdoor food caddy needs to be at the boundary of your property no later than 7am
- make sure the outdoor food caddy lid is fully closed
- return your outdoor food caddy to your property as soon as you can after it has been emptied
- if your outdoor food caddy is missed, please contact us within 48 hours of your collection day
- no side waste with the outdoor food caddy.
Ordering caddy liners
Only use council provided liners in your kitchen caddy.
Due to current COVID-19 restrictions, customers are unable to collect liners from any customer service centres or libraries.
If you need more kitchen caddy liners use the tag at the end of the caddy liner roll and tie it to your outdoor caddy.
Customers may also request some from their local household waste recycling centres. However, these are on a first come, first served basis, as they have a limited supply.
Request a new caddy
We do not supply additional food waste caddies, it is one caddy per property.
Use the online form below to request a -
- replacement caddy
- kitchen caddy
- removal of a caddy
Your kitchen caddy comes with compostable liner bags which you can use to collect food waste in before putting it in your food waste caddy.
It is taken to a local in-vessel composting site, where it is made into compost and soil improver for agricultural, horticulture and home use.