Skip and Scaffolding permits

Within the Hull City Council boundary works permits need to be in place for the following works if they are placed on an adopted highway-

  • scaffolding
  • mobile scaffolding
  • cherry picker
  • scissor lift
  • container
  • crane
  • skips
  • section 50
  • excavation in the highway


For any information, prices or to apply for a permit please contact 01482 300 300 or email  

Full requirements to apply and application can be found below in PDF document

Skip companies must be on Hull City Council list any skip companies which are not on the approved list are not allowed to place skips on public highway. To check if a skip company is on the list please contact 01482 300 300 or

Any companies who wish to be on our approve list please contact