Copy certificates

You can order birth, death, marriage or civil partnership copy certificates from us for any event that was registered in the Hull Registrations district.

We can only provide certificates for events that occurred in Hull. If the event was outside of Hull you must apply to the district in which it occurred, for example if a baby was born in Castle Hill Hospital, Cottingham you need to apply to the East Riding Register Office or through the General Register Office.

If you recently married in a church then it is possible the church will still hold the records, in which case any copy must be obtained from the church.

How to order a copy certificate

Collection service

Our standard collection service costs £11 for each certificate. You can collect your certificate(s) from The Wilson Centre four working days after your order.

Certificates that have not been collected six months after the date of order will be destroyed.

Postal service

Our standard postal service requires a payment of £11 for each certificate, there is no additional postage cost. If you are wanting the certificate(s) to be posted, you must select this option when completing the online form.

Your certificate(s) are posted four working days after your order. We accept no responsibility for the safe delivery of certificates once they have left us and entered the postal system.

Premium service

This is a collection only service. Certificates if ordered before 4pm can be collected from The Wilson Centre after 3pm on the next working day.

The cost for this service is £35.

Please note certificates ordered before 4pm on a Friday will not be available for collection until after 3pm Monday.

Complete our online form below to request a copy certificate -

Certificates outside of Hull

If you need a copy certificate for an event that took place outside of Hull you need to contact the register office for the district in which the event took place or the General Register Office.

General Register Office website for certificates outside of Hull

Adoption certificates

If you need a copy of an adoption certificate you need to contact the General Register Office.

General Register Office website for adoption certificates 20200224163642