The Public Health Nursing service is provided by CHCP (City Health Care Partnership). The service aims to prevent ill health, promote and protect good health and wellbeing of children aged 0 to 19 years of age and their families.
The 0 -11 Public Health Nursing Team is led by Health Visitors who provide key visits during a child’s first five years.
Continuing support is available if required through to the age of 11 years.
They support families who need additional help with -
- health issues
- bed wetting
- identifying early developmental delay
- accessing the right services for long term support; including transition to school.
The 11-19 Public Health Nursing Team works with young people to improve health and wellbeing and provide advice and support on a range of topics through school based “Pop-Ins”.
If you aged 11-19 years old, you can access the service directly by telephone, or book through your school or college, to talk to a nurse on a range of topics that may be concerning you, including -
- sexual health
- emotional health and relationships
- weight concerns
- physical health
- management of a long term condition or complex health needs
- help and support to access to other services, including advice on immunisations.