In line with the Department for Education Home to School Travel statutory guidance we have agreed the following policy -
For the 2020-2021 academic year this includes -
- compulsory school aged pupils
- pupils with special education needs and disabilities
- post 16 students
The below guidance document has been produced to assist parents/carers when applying for a Free Travel Pass
Apply for a pass
You can apply for a free school travel pass online.
The deadline for applications to be received for travel starting in September 2020 is -
- Stagecoach - Monday 3 August 2020
- EYMS - Thursday 20 August 2020
Applications received after this date are processed as quickly as possible but owing to school holidays, we cannot guarantee that a pass is available for the start of the new term.
Applications are processed within 20 school days from receipt of the completed form and photograph.
- pupils must be a Hull resident
- children attending primary school are entitled to a free travel to their nearest suitable school (with a place) if it is more than two miles form their home address by the shortest safest walking route
- children attending secondary school are entitled to free travel to their nearest suitable school (with a place) if it is more than three miles from their home address by shortest safest walking route
- some low income families
- Universal Credit will be assessed on an individual basis
- children attending secondary school who are from low income families (i.e. families who qualify for free school meals or who are in receipt of the maximum level of Working Tax Credit) up to the end of year 11 are entitled to free travel to
- one of the three nearest suitable schools with places available if it is more than two miles by the shortest safest walking route and up to six miles.
- if the nearest school preferred by reason of a parent/carer’s religion or belief if it is more than two miles by the shortest safest walking route and not more than 15 miles away.
Receiving your pass
Travel passes for children attending a Hull school are distributed via the the school or academy. Passes for children attending an East Riding school are required to be collected from Brunswick House.
Lost or damaged pass
You can request a replacement using our online form, there is a £10 charge for this service.
Only two passes will be allocated per academic year therefore please note if the second pass issued is lost or damaged a third pass will not be issued.
Please note school busses are dealt with by each individual school, any enquiries or complaint should be directed to the school in question.