This online service is currently unavailable for a temporary period. Please telephone 300300 if you wish to access this service. We apologise for any inconvenience caused.
In line with the Department for Education Home to School Travel Saltatory guidance we have agreed the following policy.
For the 2018-19 academic year this includes -
- compulsory school age pupils
- pupils with special education needs and disabilities
- post 16 students
Free travel eligibility
A free school travel pass can be applied for if you live within the Hull City boundary and attend one of your three nearest schools (places available at time of allocation). Eligible children are -
- children who cannot reasonably be expected to walk to school because of the nature of the routes
- children under the age of eight years who live over two miles from the primary school nearest their place of residence
- children over the age of eight years who live over three miles from the primary school nearest their place of residence
- children who live over three miles from the secondary school nearest their place of residence
- children entitled to free school meals, or whose parents are in receipt of their maximum level of Working Tax Credit who are -
- over the age of eight, but under the age of 11 and live more than two miles from their nearest school (primary age children)
- aged 11 to 16 and attend one of their three nearest qualifying schools which is more than two miles but less than six miles from their ordinary place of residence
- aged 11 to 16 and attend their nearest faith school preferred on grounds of religion or belief, where they live more than two miles but not more than 15 miles from that school
The deadline for applications is Friday 29 June for travel starting Monday 3 September. Applications received after this date are processed as quickly as possible but owing to school holidays, we cannot guarantee that a pass is available for the start of the new term.
Applications are processed within 20 school days from receipt of the completed form and photograph.
Receiving your free travel pass
Travel passes for a new school or issued outside a school term are sent to your home address. All other passes are distributed via the school or academy.
What if I lose or damage my Free Travel Pass
If you have lost your pass there is a charge of £10 for a replacement, which can be paid by cash, cheque or postal order, cheques and postal orders should be made payable to Kingston upon Hull City Council.
Only two passes will be allocated per academic year therefore please note if the second pass issued is lost or damaged a third pass will not be issued.
Your completed form can be -
- handed in person at customer service centres
- by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
- by post to Home to School Transport, Brunswick House, Strand Close,Hull HU2 9DB