Council housing repairs

STOPPRESS:  Register for our new portal 'My Housing Online'

created: Wednesday, 16 December, 2020 - 08:41

Emergency repairs

Emergency repairs can only be reported by telephoning 300 300. You will be asked some additional questions to confirm that the repair is an emergency and whether it is safe for us to attend. To carry out emergency repairs our contractors will observe safe working practices whilst in your home.

Reporting online

If you are a council tenant or you rent a council garage, you can register to use My Housing Online to -

  • request non-urgent repairs and book an appointment
  • look up your repairs history

Use the button below to access repairs.

If you are self-isolating or have Coronavirus symptoms please call 01482 300 300 to report your repair as you will be asked some additional questions. Please do not report online.

If you have an outstanding repair and you need to inform us that you are now self-isolating or have Coronavirus symptoms please telephone 01482 300 300 

If you are reporting a repair that is needed in multiple locations please only book one repair appointment and show the operative when they attend if there are other locations. Do not raise multiple repairs for the same trades person.

If you do not have a My Housing Online account you can register using the button below.

Our new online housing portal is now live. To be able to use this new portal you will need to register as your old login details will not work. 

To register you will need -

  • an email address
  • your rent account reference number
  • or your Homesearch application number

On the registration page enter your email address and create a password. A verification email will be sent to the email address you have used to register. You must use the link in the email sent to you within one hour to verify the email address and continue the registration process.

You will be asked to enter either your rent account reference number. Next you will be asked to enter your personal details and create your memorable question.

To create your account accept the terms and conditions and select 'Finish' to receive a welcome email.

Repairs responsibility

The repairs service is provided by our partner organisation, Kingstown Works Limited (KWL) and a number of other specialist contractors who do their best to complete all repairs on the first visit, however this is not always possible and a further visit or follow up work may be required. If the work cannot be completed in one visit the contractor will explain what needs to be done next and will make arrangements with you for further visits.

If a repair is found to be needed because of negligence, intentional damage or misuse, you may be charged for the repair