My council housing rent accounts

STOPPRESS:  Register for our new portal 'My Housing Online'

created: Wednesday, 16 December, 2020 - 08:41

If you rent a house, garage or lifeline from us you can use your online rent account to 

  • access rent account details, including balances and payments
  • review and update your contact details


Select the button above to login to My Housing Online to access your rent account. 

If you do not have an online rent account you can sign up by selecting the button below. 

Our new online housing portal is now live. To be able to use this new portal you will need to register as your old login details will not work. 

You will need -

  • an email address
  • your rent account reference number
  • or your Homesearch application number

On the registration page enter your email address and create a password. A verification email will be sent to the email address you have used to register. You must use the link in the email sent to you within one hour to verify the email address and continue the registration process.

You will be asked to enter either your rent account reference number or your Homesearch application number. Next you will be asked to enter your personal details and create your memorable question.

To create your account accept the terms and conditions and select 'Finish' to receive a welcome email.

Please supply me with a rent reference for a tenant

If you are a landlord or financial organisation and you want a rent reference on a council tenant, please send a written request to the area housing team that looks after that property. There is no charge for this service.

Rent statements

Every council tenant receives a quarterly rent statement. We usually send these out in January, April, July and October.

The statement includes transactions for the previous quarter and outstanding balances on any other accounts linked to the rent account. These can include garage rent accounts, housing benefit overpayment,lifeline and former tenancy accounts.

If you require a copy of a rent statement please contact your local housing office using the form below