Disability railcard

You can apply for a disability railcard if you are a Hull resident, hold a disability bus pass issued by us and are registered with social services with one of the following coloured registration cards -

  • blind - yellow card
  • profoundly or severely deaf - white card
  • limbless or long term loss of use of both arms - blue card or letter from NHS limbless unit
  • learning disability - pink card 
  • without speech - grey card

If you have a green, purple, or any other coloured social services card you are not entitled to a disability railcard.

How to apply

You can apply for a disability railcard at one of the following libraries -

  • Avenues
  • Bransholme
  • Fred Moore
  • Western
  • Greenwood
  • Ings
  • Central
  • Holderness Road

Find your local library

You need to provide -

  • a completed application form available from an issuing library
  • an eligible social services registration card 
  • a disability bus pass

Find out more about disability bus passes

What happens next

Your railcard is posted out to your address by the railcard company.

Use of disability railcards 

You can use a disability railcard on Northern Rail train services from Hull into all East Riding of Yorkshire

stations, Scarborough and York after 9.30am, Monday to Friday all day Saturday, Sunday and bank holidays. 

Make sure you have your railcard with you onboard the train to show the conductor.

Visit the Disabled Person Railcard website



production.hull.gov.uk 20200222102201