You can apply for a disability railcard if you are a Hull resident, hold a disability bus pass issued by us and are registered with social services with one of the following coloured registration cards -
- blind - yellow card
- profoundly or severely deaf - white card
- limbless or long term loss of use of both arms - blue card or letter from NHS limbless unit
- learning disability - pink card
- without speech - grey card
If you have a green, purple, or any other coloured social services card you are not entitled to a disability railcard.
How to apply
You can apply for a disability railcard at one of the following libraries -
- Fred Moore
- Holderness Road
You need to provide -
- a completed application form available from an issuing library
- an eligible social services registration card
- a disability bus pass
What happens next
Your railcard is posted out to your address by the railcard company.
Use of disability railcards
You can use a disability railcard on Northern Rail train services from Hull into all East Riding of Yorkshire
stations, Scarborough and York after 9.30am, Monday to Friday all day Saturday, Sunday and bank holidays.
Make sure you have your railcard with you onboard the train to show the conductor.