Access to services will be limited as a result of the necessary changes and measures that will introduced as a result of coronavirus.
Initially, the following libraries will reopen for appointment-based services only, including a Select and Collect service -
- Hull Central Library in Albion Street from 9.30am on Thursday 9 July
- Bransholme Library at North Point Shopping Centre from 1.30pm on Thursday 9 July
- Fred Moore Library in Wold Road from 10am Thursday 9 July
- Greenwood Avenue Library in Greenwood Avenue from 2pm on Wednesday 8 July
- Ings Library in Savoy Road from 2pm on Thursday 9 July
- Western Library in The Boulevard from 10am on Saturday 11 July
Rail card services will be by appointment only.
To use the Select and Collect service call 01482 210 000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
The following will initially remain closed -
- Avenues Library in Chanterlands Avenue
- East Park Library in East Park
- Freedom Centre Library in Preston Road
- Gipsyville Library in North Road
- Longhill Library in Shannon Road
- Waudby Library in The Waudby Centre, Annandale Road
Safety measures will be in place at Hull libraries to protect staff and service users.
You can apply for a disability railcard if you are a Hull resident, hold a disability bus pass issued by us and are registered with social services with one of the following coloured registration cards -
- severely sight impaired (blind) - yellow card (If you are sight impaired you are not eligible).
- profoundly or severely deaf - white card (if your card ends with HH then you are not eligible for a disability rail card).
- limbless or long term loss of use of both arms - blue card or letter from NHS limbless unit
- learning disability - pink card
- without speech - grey card
If you have a green, purple, or any other coloured social services card you are not entitled to a disability railcard.
You need to provide -
- a completed application form available from an issuing library
- an eligible social services registration card
- a disability bus pass
What happens next
Your railcard is posted out to your address by the railcard company.
Use of disability railcards
You can use a disability railcard on Northern Rail train services from Hull into all East Riding of Yorkshire
stations, Scarborough and York after 9.30am, Monday to Friday all day Saturday, Sunday and bank holidays.
Make sure you have your railcard with you onboard the train to show the conductor.