What is the local offer

All local authorities like Hull City Council have a legal duty to support young people making the transition from care to adulthood and make sure that care leavers know about all of the services and support that is available to them. The local offer is where you will find all the information you will need to access and make the best use of the support available from Hull City Council and anywhere else you can get additional support.

Just because you are leaving care, or have already left care, we haven’t stopped caring about you. We want to make sure that you feel safe and supported and know where and who to go to for advice and support.

We will continue to listen to your views to make sure the services we offer are what you need.

To be able to get the support set out in the Local Offer, you must have been in care for a period of at least 13 weeks (or periods amounting to 13 weeks) which began after age 14 and included some time after your 16th birthday. If you are not sure whether you qualify for support ask your Personal Adviser.

Coram Voice also have a handy guide to check your status

Corporate Parenting

Hull City Council has a unique responsibility for all of the children that we look after and our care leavers. This is often called being a ‘Corporate Parent’ and we should consider you just like we would our own children. We want to provide the best possible care and support that any good parent would provide. We have worked with young people to put together a list of promises that makes clear what young people should expect form us as your corporate parents and how all the services and departments in the council should act when thinking about you.