You can apply for free school meals if your child attends a Hull school or sixth form on a full time basis (this includes Hull College 14-16 direct entry, academies and free schools) by registering on My School Portal and completing the online form. You must be in receipt of one of the following benefits -
- income support
- income based jobseekers allowance
- income related employment and support allowance (ESA – IR)
- universal credit if the household is earning less than £7,400 per year
- asylum seekers (receiving support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999)
- the guaranteed element of state pension credit
- child tax credit (with an annual income of no more than £16,190 as assessed by the Inland Revenue)
- working tax credit run on - paid for four weeks after you stop qualifying for working tax credit
You can claim if you are over 16 years of age and are receiving one of the above qualifying benefits.
If your child is attending an East Riding school, you should apply to the East Riding of Yorkshire Council.
You will be notified of the decision by letter within seven days and the school will be notified electronically if approved.
You must notify us in writing of any changes that could affect your child’s entitlement (for example, you no longer qualify for a relevant benefit or you wish to claim for an additional child).
If this change means your child is no longer entitled, you will be sent a letter with the end date and the school will be notified automatically.
Autumn 2020 £10 Free School Meals voucher
Parents or carers of pupils in receipt of free school meals will receive a £10 voucher per child. There is no application procedure, and there is no need to contact either the school or the Council.
Parents and carers will be contacted w/c 2 November 2020 to ask them for their preferred supermarket for their voucher to be redeemed at.
Parents and carers will then receive their voucher electronically.