Extra care housing

Riverside logo
316 extra care apartments at three locations across the city have been built with £80 million Private Funding Initiative from the Department of Health. The facilities are being built for us but run by Riverside Housing.

Wates Living logo
Extra care housing provides an environment where people have their own front door with on site care and support provision.


Harrison Park

Hall Road
Orchard Park
North Hull

Harrison Park entrance

60 two bedroom apartments for rent

Five one bedroom apartments for rent


Cecil Gardens

Hawthorn Avenue
West Hull

Cecil Gardens buildings

89 two bedroom apartments for rent

65 one bedroom apartments for rent

Redwood Glades

Leads Road
East Hull
HU7 4JY and HU7 4JZ

60 two bedroom apartments for rent

96 one bedroom apartments for rent

Opening between Summer and Autumn 2017.


If you need care and support live an independent life extra care housing can help you achieve this. You have your own individual apartment, adapted to meet your care and support needs. The one and two bedroom apartments have on site tenancy support and emergency care available 24 hours per day, seven days per week. An assessed package of care, as needed can be met by the onsite care provider.

Extra care housing is sometimes called housing with support. It can be a home for life enabling people to live with loved ones with the added security of onsite care and support in a community environment.

Apartments have -

  • fully fitted kitchen with cooker, fridge freezer, washer dryer
  • wet room
  • carpets and curtains
  • balcony and patio
  • wheelchair friendly kitchens and extra wide doors

There is also a restaurant, hairdressers and community use rooms.

Residential care or extra care housing – the differences

You can be either a tenant or a home owner with extra care housing (at present in Hull we offer only rented apartments). You have legal rights and your own front door, with complete privacy. You can come and go as you please and have friends and family to stay whenever you want. 

People in extra care range from those who require minimal care and support, to those who need 24 hour emergency care and support.

In order to be considered for extra care housing in Hull you must either have a -

  • care need that is being met by Hull Adult Social Care
  • care need which is currently being met by a family member
  • progressive health condition

You must also be -

  • at least 18 years of age (including anyone that is to live with you)
  • have a local connection to Hull  


Contract and confirmed business case

We are required to publish a number of document by legislation. Commercially sensitive information has been redacted (blacked out).


We are taking referrals now so if you're interested in this or other housing options telephone 01482 300 300.