Public rights of way licences

A permit or licence is required to carry out work or place anything that could cause obstruction or danger on the highway (road, pavement or verge).

In certain situations, such as placing a skip outside your

home, you will need to use a council approved contractor. They will automatically apply for the necessary permit as part of the skip hire. In other cases, you will need to apply directly to us.

Please call 01482 300 300 for further information.