To use a van or large trailer to dispose of domestic waste at a household recycling and waste centre in Hull you need a permit. Permits are free but are restricted to 12 permits per household, per year and are only issued to Hull residents.
A permit is required for all commercial vehicles including -
- vans (less than three and a half tonnes)
- trailers (greater than six foot by four foot in size or with more than a single axle)
You may be eligible for a permit under the following conditions -
- you live in the city and pay your council tax to Hull City Council
- you will be bringing your own domestic waste from the household you live in
- you know the registration of the vehicle you will be using
- you are the only person that has applied for permits for your vehicle
- you are willing to have an inspector visit your household, if needed, to verify the waste you intend to deposit
You receive your permits in the post within five working days.
You can use a hire van to access the household recycling waste centres, but must sign a declaration form on site upon arrival. You are allowed a maximum of three trips using the vehicle.
You are required to bring -
- the hire agreement (showing a Hull address)
- the resident's pass or alternative proof of address (in the form of a driving licence or utility bill)
Residents' pass scheme
All residents of Hull wishing to recycle or dispose of household waste may use our centres. However, business, trade or commercial users may not use it.
Residents from the East Riding
If you live in the East Riding of Yorkshire Council area, please telephone 01482 393 939 for further information